1.5
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I wanted let everyone know about my terrible experience with Drivers Auto Repair here in Cypress. I needed someone to replace the water pump on my daughter’s car, I would have done it myself but I was traveling for work.

I dropped the car off to them before I left town. They confirmed the water pump needed to be replaced and gave me a price to replace it. The price was very high for that repair (over $1,000.00), but I didn’t have a choice as I was leaving town and my daughter had to have the car. Also they tried to sell me a bunch more items that I did not need, but I was very clear in telling them to ONLY replace the water pump and refill the car with coolant.

After they completed the repair my daughter picked up the car and everything seemed OK, except for the fact that they performed a coolant flush (an additional $150.00) on the vehicle when I had clearly told them to ONLY replace the water pump and re-fill the coolant. I returned home a few days later to find the car leaking oil in my driveway. Drivers Auto Repair had damaged the axel boot while replacing the water pump. I also noticed at that time the water pump pulley they installed only had 3 bolts holding it to the water pump (it requires 4 bolts).

I called them and took the car back to their shop and they agreed to replace the axel and put the forth bolt in the pulley that they had left out at no charge. A couple of days later the same wheel they replaced the axle on was about ready to fall off the car and making grinding noises. The wheel bearing was damaged when they replaced the axle. They said it’s not their fault, but it clearly is.

They even performed a full vehicle inspection when I dropped the vehicle off with them the first time, and there was no mention of a potential failure of the wheel bearing. It costs $330 for a new wheel bearing. We picked the car up and my daughter says the air conditioning doesn’t work. I took it to another shop (not Drivers Auto Repair) and they said it doesn’t have a Freon leak.

They said it looks like someone deliberately let Freon out of the air conditioning system. You can judge for yourself, I say they are dishonest and incompetent.

Oh and don’t forget to check their google reviews and not the fake reviews they have on their website. Thanks and have a great day.

Review about: Drivers Auto Repair Car Part Replacement.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments